The hall was dedicated on December 31, 1878 as Liberty Hall and run originally by the Liberty Hall Association. Money was raised by public subscription for the hall, to be used for community meetings and entertainments. At a later date, the hall was sold. In 1919, the Woods Hole Community Association was formed to buy the hall and return it to its original community purposes.
The Board of Trustees meets on the third Tuesday of the month at 7:30pm. All meeting continue to be virtual at this time. There will be no December meeting.
Woods Hole Community Association buildings are open in a limited capacity to public use.
We take seriously our role as a gathering place and as protector of our community’s health.
We are currently allowing small groups (10 and fewer) with limitations, and some larger groups up to a capacity of 45 in the Community Hall.
We revisit these guidelines regularly, while following public health guidance.
Use a WHCA Space
To inquire about using a Community Association space, please visit the Resources page. There you’ll find guidelines & policies, contact email, and other helpful info.
Sorry, community spaces are generally not available for weddings and private functions.
Questions? Email the Activities Director. (jfvoseyahoocom)
The Woods Hole Community Hall is located at 68 Water Street, Woods Hole, MA 02543.
The Old Fire Station is located next door to the Community Hall, at 72 Water Street.
The Woods Hole School is located at 24 School Street in Woods Hole.
Contact the Board of Trustees Woods Hole Community Association (woodsholewoodsholecommunityassociationorg)
Box 327, Woods Hole, MA 02543
Support comes from
The Woods Hole Foundation.
On the Site